Weston Clevedon & Portishead Railway Home

Copyright © 2004-2015

Paul Gregory  


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share via e-mail Share on Google Bookmarks

Walton Park halt Distance from Weston : 9 miles   


This halt, just past the summit of the line, was only about 0.5 mile from Clevedon All Saints and was located opposite the junction with Holly Lane. See detail map. The line crossed the Clevedon to Portishead Road without gates at an acute angle. See also Then & Now. The halt was between the railway and the road, roughly where the motor dealer is today. The building was creosoted black. There was a siding, made into a loop line in 1919. Just past the halt, a separate siding linked to the Conygar Quarry.


Walton Park halt



1935 - Portishead is to the right - Holly Lane junction behind