Weston Clevedon & Portishead Railway Home

Copyright © 2004-2017

Paul Gregory  


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share via e-mail Share on Google Bookmarks

Built: 1890   Maker: Manning Wardle & Co Ltd    Makers’ No: 1134   Bought: 1907

Withdrawn by WC&P: 1926 Scrapped: 1931 or later


Photo reproduced with permission from Christopher Redwood

History:

This, the second loco to be named Portishead, was bought secondhand from Jackson of Stowmarket, who built the Portishead extension. This loco hauled the first train to run to Portishead on 7 August 1907, having being bought specifically to support the extension. It was replaced by an LBSCR 0-6-0T Terrier also called No 2 Portishead! It was sold to William Cowlin & Son for use on the Power Station at Portishead. Wheel diameter was 3ft.


No 2 Portishead 0-6-0ST