Weston Clevedon & Portishead Railway Home

Copyright © 2004-2015

Paul Gregory  


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share via e-mail Share on Google Bookmarks

Milton Road halt Distance from Weston: 1 mile

This halt (only a quarter of a mile from Bristol Road halt) was situated at the rear of the houses in Milton Green (southern side), and consisted of a small shelter and a coal siding (seen to left of line in picture below). See detail map. There was no platform. The crossing was just behind the camera, and was originally gated. The gates were removed in 1899 and cattle grids were then added.


Milton Road


Looking towards Weston - February 1938

Photo reproduced with permission from Branch Lines to Clevedon & Portishead by Vic Mitchell and Keith Smith published by Middleton Press