Weston Clevedon & Portishead Railway Home

Copyright © 2004-2017

Paul Gregory  


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share via e-mail Share on Google Bookmarks

Colehouse Lane halt Distance from Weston: 6.8 miles


Colehouse Lane

This halt served the local rural community. It was moved to the other side of the line to make room for the BBC transmitter station in 1939. The photo below shows the shelter in the original position. Note the prop at right supporting the building! See detail map. The photo on right was taken in April 2006 from roughly the same location also looking towards Clevedon. The transmitter cables can be seen at the far right. It is believed that the dark area of tarmac is where the track ran. Click colour photo to enlarge.




This photo of the original station name board is

courtesy of the owners, the National Rail Museum,

York. Click photo to enlarge.


Colehouse Lane



December 1937 - Looking towards Clevedon

Photo reproduced with permission from The Weston, Clevedon & Portishead Railway by Peter Strange published by Twelveheads Press

Station nameboard