Weston Clevedon & Portishead Railway Home

Copyright © 2004-2015

Paul Gregory  


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share via e-mail Share on Google Bookmarks

Clevedon East halt Distance from Weston : 8.5 miles   


This halt was located on the north side of Tickenham Road roughly where the petrol station is now. See detail map. The line crossed Tickenham Road via a gated crossing just behind the camera. South of the crossing was a short siding serving Weech’s Joinery Works. This halt was the nearest to Clevedon Court - now a National Trust property, and former home of WC&PR shareholder Sir Edmond Elton.


Clevedon all Saints halt



December 1938 - looking towards Portishead.

Photo reproduced with permission from The Weston, Clevedon & Portishead Railway by Peter Strange published by Twelveheads Press