Weston Clevedon & Portishead Railway Home

Copyright © 2004-2015

Paul Gregory  


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share via e-mail Share on Google Bookmarks

This halt (a mere quarter of a mile from Milton Road halt) was situated where the line crossed Locking Road at a shallow angle. The halt was opened in 1912, but without a shelter until 1938, when the halt was re-positioned on the Weston side of the crossing. Train-operated traffic lights were added in 1938. In the photo below the halt is in the original position just beyond the crossing on the right. See Detail map or Worle Old OS Map. Note that the line also crossed Bristol Road itself (between Bristol Road halt and Worle), but there was no halt there.

Bristol Road halt


1930 - looking towards Clevedon

Bristol Road halt Distance from Weston: 1.3 miles